Settled in 1667 and incorporated as a borough in 1926, Shrewsbury is a residential community covering approximately 2.3 square miles with a population of about 3,600. At one time, Shrewsbury was the largest township in New Jersey, running from the Navesink River to Little Egg Harbor. Established in the 1930’s, Shrewsbury Sailing and Yacht Club has an active and accomplished junior sailor’s program. Many historic sites are also located in Shrewsbury, including the Christ Episcopal Church, Friends Meetinghouse, Allen House, and Wardell House. The Grove, an exclusive shopping mall, brings people to Shrewsbury from all over Monmouth County. Shrewsbury is also the home of The Guild of Creative Art, a non-profit organization that teaches, holds exhibits and workshops, and promotes the visual arts through other special events.