Purchased by English settlers in 1665, the area was known as “Navarumsunk” long before it was officially named Rumson. Situated on a peninsula overlooking the ocean, it is bounded by the Navesink and Shrewsbury Rivers. The Rumson Boat Ramp is ideally situated for those homeowners who wish to launch boats they keep docked at their homes. The natural beauty that first attracted home-buyers to the area is still present today. Well-known for the many historic and grand homes, the oldest is the Treadwell House, named after a family who vacationed here for almost 100 years. The Borough of Rumson also features six magnificent parks, filled with playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball courts, practice fields for recreation teams, and trails for jogging or walking. This beautiful residential town also allows easy access to the attractions in Red Bank, as well as the nightlife in Long Branch and Asbury Park to the south.